. visual analytics agile business intelligence analytics bi big data bi vendors bob becker business analyst business intelligence business performance charts chip felton cio client success cloud bi conforming dashboards data governance data science data warehouse dimensional modelling etl fact tables functional requirements gartner hadoop health hr dashboards hris human resources information visualisation master data management microsoft mobile bi montage pervasive bi ralph kimball rational decision making process roadmap self service bi stephen frew tableau tableau software tableau version 9.0 trends visualisation whitepaper yellowfin
Browse by Date
"The ability to view reports that consolidate data from across the business has changed the way we work"
National Health Informatics NZ Conference (HINZ)
Montage recently attended the National Health Informatics NZ Conference in Rotorua. The event is a great opportunity for a large range of organisations and individuals to gather together each year to share progress and experiences whilst taking a look at the future direction of IT within Health.
Key messages taken from the conference:
Information being shared across Health sectors
- A number of regions are working on solutions to share patient information between health care providers. In Canterbury a shared care record view allows health professionals from GP’s, community pharmacy, DHB, Community care to access up to date patient information.
- At Montage we are assisting a Primary health Organisation to obtain a consolidated view of patient information across all regional general practices. Some of this information is being shared with the local DHB emergency department.
Great strides have been made over recent years and there is a real sense of optimism regarding what is possible.
- Our years ago, there was a great deal of discussion and acceptance about what needed to be done. At this year’s HINZ there were a number of solutions displaying what has been done and just starting to touch on what is possible.
An openness and willingness to collaborate
- A number of DHB’s were presenting solutions and actively looking to share learnings and specifications.
- At this year’s conference NMDHB presented a Pharmacy and an Inpatient dashboard developed in conjunction with Montage. To demonstrate the benefits of collaboration these two solutions have since been ‘re-plumbed’ by CDHB at a fraction of the effort and cost.